Welcome to Garth Brooks.com, the Official Website of Garth Brooks!
We comply with United States privacy laws and regulations. We do not represent that the Sites are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations, or that the Sites or any portion of the Sites are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. If you choose to access the Sites, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. Visitors to the Sites from outside the United States acknowledge and agree by using the Sites that the Sites are subject to United States laws and regulations, and waive any claims against us that may arise under their own national laws.
This Policy applies solely to our online information gathering and disclosure practices in connection with the Sites, and does not apply to any of our practices conducted offline. This policy does not apply to and we are not responsible for information you post in a public fashion, e.g. a bulletin board or chat room, or any other Site area where information you share is visible to others. Further, this Policy is only applicable to the Sites and not to any other website, including purchase and payment processing websites, that you may be able to access from any of the Sites which may have its own data collection and use practices and policies. This Policy is effective as of the indicated “Last Updated on” date. We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time, and such revisions will become effective upon posting of the revisions to the Sites. For this reason, please visit this page on a regular basis and check the “Last Updated on” date to ensure that you are familiar with the most recent version of this Policy. Your continued use of any of the Sites or Services after the effective date of the revisions signifies your acceptance of any such changes or revisions. You can address your questions or concerns regarding this Policy to email@example.com.
This Policy answers the following questions:
- What is our policy on children’s privacy?
- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- Will we share your personally identifiable information with third parties?
- What choices do you have about the collection and use of your information?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your information?
- If you are a resident of California, what are your California Privacy Rights?
- How can you contact us?
What is our policy on children’s privacy?
The Sites are not for children under 13 years of age. However, there are some areas of the Sites that may be attractive to children under 13. We do not condition participation by a child of any age in any activity or any of the Services that are available on or through the Sites on the disclosure of more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users of the Sites who are under 13 years of age. No personally identifiable information should be submitted to or posted at the Sites by visitors under 13 years of age without the prior written consent of their parent or guardian. If we receive an e-mail message from a child who discloses, or is otherwise known to us, to be under 13 years of age, we may, without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian:
- Respond to a one-time request from the child;
- Provide notice of the child’s communication to the child’s parent or guardian;
- Use this information as may be necessary to ensure the safety of the child on the Sites; or
- Send our electronic periodical publications and materials, with notification to the child’s parent or guardian and the opportunity to discontinue any future delivery of the above information.
Any parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided personally identifiable information to us may request a description of the personally identifiable information that has been collected from or about that child, and either limit or restrict any further maintenance or use of such information from that child and/or direct us to delete it. Also, a parent may decline to allow any future collection of personally identifiable information from that child. Such requests can be made by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take reasonable measures to verify that the requesting party is, in fact, the parent or guardian of the child in question before providing a child’s personally identifiable information to such person.
We will not knowingly use or disclose any personally identifiable information of a child under 13 years of age for any purpose except as described above.
[back to top]
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
[back to top]
Will we share your personally identifiable information with third parties?
- Sharing of information. We may disclose certain elements of your personally identifiable information (e.g., your name and e-mail address) with Garth Brooks and members of his management team, his employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors, and his companies and subsidiaries, and their respective employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors, for the limited purpose of enabling them to communicate directly with you about upcoming musical performances, personal appearances, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, announcements, and other special events.
We may use your personally identifiable information to provide analyses of our users in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We may also disclose and otherwise use, on an anonymous basis, affiliation, position, interests and other non-personally identifiable information about customers.
In addition, we will share the personally identifiable information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Protection of rights. We will share personally identifiable information if we have a good faith belief that: (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities; (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce this Policy or to conduct any investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Services; or (iv) such action is appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our employees, users of the Services or others.
- On-line Sweepstakes and Contests. We may share personally identifiable information collected in connection with on-line contests, sweepstakes or other promotions with the third-party sponsors and/or administrators of such promotions, or otherwise as set forth in the Official Rules applicable to the promotion. You should carefully review the Official Rules of each promotion in which you choose to participate through the Sites, as they may contain additional important information about a third party’s use of your personally identifiable information. To the extent any Official Rules conflict with this Policy, the Official Rules will govern that particular promotion.
[back to top]
What choices do you have about the collection and use of your information?
- Opting out of receiving communications from us. If you no longer want to receive our announcements by e-mail, you may unsubscribe from receiving them at any time by choosing the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our e-mails. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating to your account transactions. Unsubscribing to the mailing list will not delete your account. To delete your account, email email@example.com with your request. If you choose to join one of our mobile marketing lists, please be aware that there are usually costs associated with receiving SMS or MMS messages, depending on your wireless carrier and plan. You should check with your wireless carrier to determine what charges apply before signing up to receive our updates via your mobile phone. If you wish to stop receiving messages from us on your mobile phone, simply reply to the message with “STOP.”
- If any dispute or claim arises out of or relating to this Policy, you will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the matter directly with us. You agree that if the matter remains unresolved for forty-five (45) days after we have received notification (via certified mail or personal delivery) that a dispute exists, the parties shall join in mediation services in Davidson County, Tennessee, with a mutually agreed mediator in an attempt to resolve the dispute. Should you file any arbitration claims, or any administrative or legal actions without first having attempted to resolve the matter by mediation, then you agree that you will not be entitled to recover attorney’s fees or costs, even if you would otherwise be entitled to them.
[back to top]
What security measures do we take to safeguard your information?
The personally identifiable information that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personally identifiable information to our employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate, and maintain the Sites and Services. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and, for this reason, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. You can help protect your personally identifiable information by using a combination of letters and numbers in your password, changing your password often, using a secure web browser, and signing off and closing your web browser when you are finished with the use of the Sites.
[back to top]
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or about this Policy, please contact us at:
G.COM, LLC 3310 West End Avenue, Suite #400 Nashville, TN 37203
©2012 G.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved. GARTH® and GARTH BROOKS®, are registered trademarks of Garth Brooks. Last Updated on October 10th, 2012